This workshop will provide an overview of the Integrated Accessibility Standards (IASR) and will focus on the how this information can be delivered in an interactive and fun training session for your staff and volunteers.
Participants in this training will receive:
· Information on each of the Standards and OHRC
· A customizable copy of Accessibility Ontario’s the 1 1/2-hour PowerPoint presentation
· Training workshop handouts and interactive activities
· A live demonstration of the 90-minute training workshop
· Ideas on how adapt the training for your organization’s needs
Accessible Word and PDFs Workshop (Making Accessible Word and PDF Documents)
December 14, 2015 – REGISTER
Previously, only people with web coding skills could make accessible documents and web content. However, with the advancements in everyday software, now anyone can create and maintain accessible documents!
This workshop will expand on your existing knowledge of Microsoft Word and PDF documents to show you how easy it can be to make documents that are accessible.
What You Will Learn:
· What makes a Microsoft Word and PDF document accessible
· How to format a Word document for accessibility
· Where relevant menu items are in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat programs
· Procedures to create accessible documents
· The different types of PDF documents
· How to convert an existing PDF or Word document into an accessible PDF
Are you a business or not-for-profit organization that employs between 5 to 500 people? Would you like to increase the diversity of your staff and better meet the talent requirements of your organization by employing a person with a disability? Do you have an employee that needs accommodation? If yes, you will want to join us for this free webinar.
Accessibility Ontario has invited the Chamber of Commerce to share information about its new pilot funding program, Abilities Connect. Through the Abilities Connect Fund you may qualify for:
· Up to $20,000 for the employment (co-ops, internships, part-time, fulltime) of students and recent graduates with disabilities; and
· Up to $3,000 for the purchase of assistive devices, training, and assessments for ANY employee(s) with a disability.
In this 45-minute webinar we will review the goals of the funding, detail the eligibility requirements, explain the application process, and discuss what costs are eligible under the funding stream.
Website Accessibility Solutions
December 9, 2015 – REGISTER
You are invited to a 45-minute webinar demonstration of two powerful, multilingual screen reading tools featured on over 7,000 websites worldwide including those of the Ontario Trillium Foundation, City of Toronto, OC Transpo, Standard Council of Canada and Hospice Toronto.
During the demonstration you will learn about two support solutions – Browsealoud which enhances the accessibility of your website and Read&Write which assists employees with disabilities. You will be shown how these tools can enhance the reach of your organization while meeting your accessibility requirements.